January 4 – 6, 2019
*If the chapter president is unable to attend, the president-elect or
vice president of administration (or its equivalent) may attend instead.
About the President’s Academy
The President’s Academy is an educational leadership experience designed to provide chapter and colony presidents with a concentrated deep dive into serving others, self-awareness, chapter operations, understanding vision, and how to create a chapter success plan. Through a servant leadership lens, participants are able to focus on member retention, teamwork, conflict resolution, and compromise. This experience will seek to provide participants with the necessary tools to coach those they lead and to create and sustain a chapter success plan which will lead to increased member engagement and retention.
Takeaways, Accommodations and Expenses
Which positive attributes can I acquire?
- Effective communicator
- Good public speaker
- Manage internal conflict
- Represent the chapter
- Represent needs and wants of the chapter and help meet those
What is gained by attending?
- Describe servant leadership and its application to the operations and success of the chapter
- Gain insight into necessary servant leadership skills
- Examine skills and their chapter related applications
- Develop core leadership skills
- Develop a fraternal network
- Summarize their learning on servant leadership with their executive board
- Facilitate the creation and completion of a chapter success plan
- Demonstrate the ability to coach others
- Feel personally challenged
What accommodations are provided?
Airport: The closest airport is Denver International Airport (DEN)
Arrive at the hotel by 5PM on Friday, January 4.
Those flying should schedule a flight departing anytime after 2 PM on Sunday, January 6.
Grand Hyatt Denver
1750 Welton St, Denver, CO 80202
The Heritage Center staff will arrange all guest rooms for attendees. All attendees with be paired with a roommate.
Which expenses are covered with registration?
- Double occupancy hotel room for Friday and Saturday night
- Meals during the event:
- Friday: Dinner
- Saturday: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Sunday: Breakfast, Lunch
- Participant materials
- Travel to event location (Note: flight or mileage to event location is covered to a maximum of $500; flights exceeding $500 must be arranged and approved by Heritage Center Staff.)*
- Airline luggage fees (one bag per flight)
- Airport parking
- Hotel parking
- Transportation to and from the airport
- Transportation to and from the hotel
- Denver Airport Rail- Travelers can now use A Line, the new rail service from Denver International Airport to LoDo’s (lower downtown) Union Station and back, courtesy of Regional Transportation District (RTD). The Denver airport rail has six stops along the way and takes approximately 37 minutes at a cost of $9 each way.* Mileage will be reimbursed per the Board of Directors’ Statement of Policy.
Which expenses are not covered?
- Which expenses are not covered?
- Meals outside of those listed above
- Airline luggage fees, for more than one bag
- Flight change fees
- Personal incidentals
How do I receive reimbursement?
Expense reports must be submitted for reimbursement within 60 days of receipt. Expense reports should be submitted to the Heritage Center via mail or email. Receipt(s) must be included in the expense report submission. Upon receipt of the expense report, expenses are normally reimbursed within seven (7) business days.
Volunteer Opportunity – Small Group Facilitator
Who is eligible to volunteer?
This volunteer role is open to alumni only.
What are the responsibilities pre- and post-event?
Prep (Remotely): Attend training webinar; document review.
Follow up (Remotely): Contact group members as needed.
What are the responsibilities onsite?
Onsite: Assist with the registration process; greeting attendees, and the clean-up process. Facilitate a small group conversation using the custom designed curriculum.
What is the time commitment?
Prep (Remotely): 3 hours
Onsite: Entirety of event
Follow up (Remotely): 2 hours
I accept the offer to attend the Presidents Academy & Fraternity Advisor Conference. I understand once I commit to attending if I should cancel for any reason after the cancellation deadline I will incur the penalty for non-attendance:
Students: $250 charged to chapter account
Alumni: $250 invoice
Further, I understand once I commit to attend, should I fail to attend the entirety of the event, I will be assessed a $150 per day no-show penalty.