January 3-5, 2020
Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort Phoenix, AZ
About the Fraternity Advisors Conference
The Fraternity Advisors Conference (FAC) is an educational leadership experience designed to provide chapter advisors the knowledge and skills to effectively coach those you serve, self-awareness, chapter operations, understanding vision, and how to create a chapter success plan. Through a servant leadership lens, participants are able to focus on member retention, teamwork, conflict resolution, and compromise. This experience will seek to provide participants with the necessary tools to coach those they lead, an opportunity to assist the chapter president to create a Chapter Success Plan, and the necessary tools to assist the chapter in fulfilling its purpose.
Takeaways, Accommodations and Expenses
Which positive attributes can I acquire?
- Effective communicator
- Good public speaker
- Manage internal conflict
- Represent the chapter
- Represent needs and wants of the chapter and help meet those
What is gained from attending?
- Assist chapter officers with the development of a chapter success plan
- Construct a path for approaching difficult situations
- Demonstrate responsible decision-making and personal accountability
- Demonstrate the ability to coach others
- Describe servant leadership as an approach to advising
- Develop a fraternal network
- Develop professional and leadership skills
- Implement a feedback model
- Practice a commitment to servant leadership
I accept the offer to attend the Presidents Academy & Fraternity Advisor Conference. I understand once I commit to attending if I should cancel for any reason after the cancellation deadline, I will incur the penalty for non-attendance:
Students: $250 charged to chapter account
Alumni: $250 invoice
Further, I understand once I commit to attend, should I fail to attend the entirety of the event, I will be assessed a $150 per day no-show penalty.
Any volunteer, properly reported, within the Management Team structure is eligible to attend this event. Registrations will be limited to the first 120 volunteers who register.
What is the dress code?
Smart Business Casual (Jeans are acceptable; no shorts or t-shirts, please.)
Which expenses are covered with registration?
- Double occupancy hotel room for Friday and Saturday night
- Meals during the event:
- Friday: Dinner
- Saturday: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Sunday: Breakfast
- Participant materials
- Travel to event location (Note: flight or mileage to event location is covered to a maximum of $500; flights exceeding $500 must be arranged and approved by Heritage Center Staff.)*
- Airline luggage fees (one bag per flight)
- Airport parking
- Hotel parking
- Transportation to and from the airport
- Transportation to and from the hotel
What accommodations are provided?
Mileage: Mileage to and from the event location will be reimbursable per the rate in the Board of Directors’ Statement of Policy.
Airfare: Flights booked at least two weeks (14 days) prior to the start of the conference will be reimbursable. Attendees should make every effort to secure the least expensive flight option. Flights costing more than $500 USD must be pre-approved by the Heritage Center staff.
Alpha Kappa Psi has a relationship with Egencia providing attendees the ability to book flights with no up-front cost to the attendee. After registration, individuals will receive an email from Egencia with information on booking a flight. Individuals may book flights on Egencia using a personal credit card (reimbursable) or on the fraternity’s account. Flights may be booked via Egencia or other travel service provider.
The closest airport to the event location is the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX).
Arrive at the hotel by 5PM on Friday, January 3.
Those flying should schedule their departure flight any time after 2 PM on Sunday, January 5.
The Heritage Center staff will arrange all sleeping rooms for attendees. All attendees with be paired with a roommate. Confirmation numbers and a roommate list will be distributed prior to the start of the conference. Room and tax are covered; incidentals are the responsibility of the attendee.
Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort
7677 N 16th St, Phoenix, AZ 85020
Which expenses are not covered?
- Meals outside of those listed above
- Airline luggage fees, for more than one bag
- Flight change fees
- Personal incidentals
How do I receive a reimbursement?
Expense reports must be submitted for reimbursement within 60 days of receipt. Expense reports should be submitted to the Heritage Center via mail or email. Receipt(s) must be included in the expense report submission. Upon receipt of the expense report, expenses are normally reimbursed within seven (7) business days.
The roommate assignments list will be made available on or after December 15.